I can’t even believe it! We’ve been open 2 years today and it totally blows my mind! It feels like yesterday and it also feel like decades ago since we opened. It’s a little difficult to take in at times, but here we are! And I’m eternally grateful.
We opened July 1, 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic will always be bittersweet for us. Looking back, opening a business during all of the chaos feels insane but we did, and we’ve learned so much. We know we still have a lot more to learn but we’re eager! This journey has been a wild ride, that’s for sure.
Our plans are big for the future and we’re so excited to see what will come! We hope you’ll stick around with us and continue to support us on our journey. We promise we’ll keep it exciting.
2 years. What an achievement! If you’re local, come by and help us celebrate our anniversary. To help celebrate, I’m sharing the most delicious chamomile blackberry pie.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you kindly for all of your support. We appreciate you more than you’ll ever know.
CHAMOMILE BLACKBERRY PIE RECIPE
- 7 cups of fresh blackberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 pie crusts
Chamomile Crust Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 chamomile tea bags
- Brew a pot of tea using two tea bags. Reserve one cup and set aside
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, make simple syrup by simmering the the sugar and tea water, stirring often until sugar fully dissolves. Remove from burner and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature. Store in refrigerator until ready to use
- Roll out pie crusts and place into pie dish. Reserve the other pie crust for the top of the pie
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients (sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt) then add the lemon juice and lemon zest. Add the blackberries and gently mix until all ingredients are combined. Handle the blackberries gently to avoid smashing them. Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pour the blackberry mix into the pie crust then place the other crust on top
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes
- Place aluminum foil over the pie and reduce oven temperature to 350. Baked an additional 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the filling begins to bubble
- Remove from oven and allow pie to cool before serving