Summer isn’t over yet! We still have some time to take advantage of outdoor cooking and to get those last minute barbecues in. I have a fantastic recipe for those of you who are eager to get those late summer memories in. Sweet coffee vinaigrette is great as a marinade or as a dressing for salad. It’s definitely a must-try, and I hope that you do!
Both savory and sweet, this recipe has it all. Because of the maple syrup, there is a little bit of a Hawaiian jerk feel. And the coffee creates a balance between the two contrasting flavor profiles, tying all of the ingredients together beautifully.
This recipe works wonderfully for shrimp on the grill. Allow the shrimp to marinate in the vinaigrette in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and cook accordingly. I love to add the shrimp on top of arugula with goat cheese and sliced apples, then I drizzle it with the sweet coffee vinaigrette. It’s a delicious and simple meal!
SWEET COFFEE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons of brewed coffee
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Brew a pot of coffee and reserve 2 tablespoons. Allow it to cool to room temperature
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, maple syrup, minced garlic and dijon mustard
- Add salt and pepper to taste
With the remaining 10 official days of summer left, I hope you make it memorable. The changing of a season is kind of a big deal. I, for one, like to pay attention to that. Afterall, we have all had a rough couple of years filled with uncertainty. We all deserve to have an epic summer. I hope this recipe will help with that. And I hope it also makes way into your fall, as well.