Pears are one of those fruit that I really look forward to in the fall. There’s something so hearty and wholesome about them that gives me total fall vibes. I have a lovely recipe that brings me a lot of joy, pear rose tea glazed toast. It’s awesome in the morning.
Essentially it’s a fancy cinnamon toast recipe. And it definitely is fancy. To begin, butter your bread of choice (I used cinnamon raisin to make it extra fancy!) then pour your sugar and cinnamon mix. Set it aside for a minute while you prepare your rose tea glaze.
Use a medium mixing bowl and whisk the confectioner’s sugar, rose tea, vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon. The mix will turn runny like a thick glaze. Use a spatula to drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon toast. Easy, right? It takes minimal effort and no time at all, I absolutely love this recipe.
The next time you’re entertaining, whip up this recipe. It’s perfect for brunch or as a breakfast dessert. Is breakfast dessert a thing? I feel like strawberry crepes are definitely a breakfast dessert. I hope you give them a try and and I really hope you love them!
PEAR ROSE TEA GLAZED TOAST
- 1 small Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tablespoons of rose tea, cooled
- 1/2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Toast (I used cinnamon bread)
- Granulated sugar to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Prepare the cinnamon toast. Combine the sugar and cinnamon until mixed, spread the pears over top (optional), set the toast aside.
- Toast the bread then spread the butter. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mix in an even coat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar until combined and runny.
- Using a spatula, drizzle the glaze over toasted cinnamon toast and pears.