I’m a sucker for Oreo milkshakes. Oreo is, in fact, my favorite milkshake flavor and I don’t care how old I get, I think it always will be. With that said, sometimes I need to switch it up a little. All it takes is a little coffee. Because a little coffee can make a world of difference, right? With this recipe, a little bit of coffee turns an Oreo milkshake into an Oreo frappuccino!
For those of you who have never had a frappuccino, they are blended ice drinks created by the one and only Starbucks. In case you’re wondering they are definitely delicious and I highly recommend trying one someday.
If you’d like to make one at home, it’s easy peasy and I’ll show you how. To begin, brew a fresh pot of strong coffee. You’ll need 1/4 cup for this recipe. After the coffee has cooled, pour it into a blender. Add chocolate sauce, three Oreo cookies, heavy cream and ice. Blend until the ingredients are combined to your liking.
For extra Oreo goodness, smash 2 Oreos onto a small plate and reserve for the topping. Serve the blended Frappuccino into chilled glasses and top off with whipped cream and Oreo crumbles. For extra measure, drizzle a little bit of chocolate sauce on top.
Let me know if you make this recipe, I’d love to know what you think.
OREO FRAPPUCCINO RECIPE
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tablespoon chocolate sauce
- 20 Oreo cookies
- Brew coffee and reserve 1 cup. Allow it to completely cool.
- Using a blender, blend the coffee, chocolate sauce, 12 Oreo cookies, heavy cream and the ice.
- Smash the remaining 8 Oreo cookies on a small plate and set aside.
- Serve in a chilled glass and top off with Oreo crumbles.