I know. Jello shots are funny. They are a novelty item for sure, and we probably all remember being newly 21-year-olds ordering jello shots at a bar as a quick and cheap way to get booze. For some reason adding tea to them makes them feel more like an adult activity. And I’m not going to lie, tea jello shots are fun! Here is a recipe for orange chamomile tea jello shots. They will certainly add some excitement to a party!
In this recipe I’m using orange peels to form the jello shots and they’re so cute! To begin, cut the oranges in half and scoop out the orange, leaving the peel in tact. Make sure not to dig too deep otherwise you might tear the orange peel and the jello mixture will leak.
The second step is to prepare your chamomile tea. Brew the tea and reserve one cup. In a small saucepan, add the tea water and stir in one packet of orange Jell-o until the granules are fully dissolved. Remove from heat then add the freshly squeezed orange juice and vodka. Refrigerate the jello shots for a couple hours, until the jello has set. Slice the oranges into wedges then serve! Store the jello shots in the refrigerator up to a week (if they’ll last that long!).
ORANGE CHAMOMILE TEA JELLO SHOTS RECIPE
- 1 cup of chamomile tea water
- 1 orange Jell-o packet
- 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup of vodka
- 3 oranges, cut in half and fruit carefully removed from the peel
- Brew chamomile tea and reserve 1 cup of tea water.
- Cut the oranges in half and carefully juice them. Reserve 3/4 cup.
- Remove the fruit from the peel very carefully, making sure not to puncture the skin or create any holes.
- In a medium saucepan simmer the tea water and stir in 1 packet of Jell-o until it’s fully dissolved. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add the orange juice.
- Add the vodka
- Pour the jello mixture into the orange peel halves and refrigerate until the mixture is set, a few hours
- Once the jello mix has cooled, slice the orange peel into 3 wedges per half and serve!