For the serious latte lovers, I’ve got a recipe for you. Now I know the sound of making lattes at home seems like it would be super complicated and difficult. But it’s not! It’s a lot easier than you think. So, grab some Nutella, coffee and milk and I’ll show you how to make your own Nutella latte at home.
Nutella adds an amazing chocolatey hazelnut flavor. And it’s delicious. It is definitely a treat with a big dessert feel for those times we want to indulge and reward ourselves.
This recipe is for those of us who don’t have the luxury of an espresso machine at home. Instead we’re going to make foam from the stovetop. Easy peasy. I generally use almond milk but here are a list of other milk and milk alternatives that work great for foam:
- Cashew milk
- Coconut milk
- Half and half
- Oat milk
- Soy milk
- Skim milk
- Whole milk
Once you’ve decided on the milk to use, add it to a small saucepan and add sugar. Simmer while constantly whisking until the milk becomes foamy. You’ll want to avoid reaching a boil as this will burn the milk and burned milk never tastes good.
NUTELLA LATTE RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of brewed coffee
- Dollop of Nutella
- Brew a fresh cup of coffee and set aside
- In a small saucepan, simmer milk and sugar. Whisk constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the milk has turned to foam
- In a heat-safe mug, add the dollop of Nutella
- Gently pour the foam into a mug then pour the coffee through the foam
Now go make one! You know you want to.