What is the perfect drink for mint lovers? Mojitos! Today I’m sharing a recipe that will spruce up your traditional mojito recipe with one simple addition. Mint tea simple syrup! I use mint tea simple syrup to make the perfect mint tea mojito recipe.
To begin, brew mint tea and reserve 1/2 cup. In a small sauce pan, combine equal parts sugar and reserved tea water, allow it to simmer over low-medium heat until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Rim the glasses with sugar. I used granulated sugar but sugar in the raw will work as well.
Collect the mint leaves and muddle them until fragrant in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or glass. Add the rum, lime juice, simple syrup and ice. Shake well.
Mint Tea Mojito Recipe
- 5 mint leaves
- A shot of white rum (1.5 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mint tea simple syrup, to taste
- Sparkling water
- Lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Mint Leaves for garnish (optional)
- Steep a cup of mint tea and reserve 1/2 cup
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and the 1/2 cup of reserved mint tea to a small saucepan. Simmer until the sugar has fully dissolved, whisk frequently
- Muddle 5 mint leaves in glass/shaker until fragrant
- Add the rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, mint tea simple syrup and ice. Shake well
- Strain into a glass filled with ice and top off with sparkling water
- Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves (optional)
The seltzer water really adds a punch to this recipe and I love it!