I’m a greek yogurt and granola for breakfast type of person. I love the versatility of it. There seems to be a hundred different flavors of greek yogurt and endless different kinds of granola. I feel like every morning is an opportunity for an exciting flavor combination. One of my go-to granola recipes combines two of my favorites, chai tea and almonds. I especially love maple chai almond granola on cold rainy days.
The lovely taste of the chai tea is infused in the granola and almonds. It has a refreshingly delicious splash of flavor. I like to sprinkle about a half of a cup over vanilla greek yogurt. It’s a very pleasant way to start the day.
To begin, bring a pot to boil and reserve 1/2 cup of hot boiled water. Add 3 tablespoons of chai tea to a bag or tea ball and allow it to steep for 5 minutes. Once the tea has steeped, discard the tea. Next, combine the dry ingredients then pour over the wet ingredients and mix until everything is combined. Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for an hour.
MAPLE CHAI ALMOND GRANOLA RECIPE
- 3 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups of almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of spring water
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of chai tea
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons of nutmeg
- A large pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Steep the tea in 1/2 cup of hot boiled water for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for an hour, or until golden brown. Stir halfway through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate the granola in an air-tight container for up to one week.