This super yummy recipe is soft and light, compared to the traditional Arnold Palmer recipes you’ll find with black tea. The difference is in the lavender. It creates a much softer and delicate flavor than black tea does. Personally, I love the full-body notes black tea has to offer, but I also really love the lightness of lavender and sometimes you need to switch it up, right? I’ll show you how to make your own lavender lemonade iced tea at home. I hope that you do!
There are four easy ingredients, with one extra optional ingredient if you’re into garnishes. To begin, steep two lavender tea bags into 2 1/2 cups of hot tea water. Allow it to steep for about 5 minutes then discard the tea bags. Let the tea water cool to room temperature. The condensation should reduce the cooled tea to about 2 cups.
While the tea is cooling, juice the lemons. Remember to remove the seeds. Add the juice to a pitcher then add ice, simple syrup and the cooled tea. Mix the liquid well, then ta-da! It’s all done! Wait! Don’t forget to garnish your glasses with lemon slices!
I really hope you love this recipe. It feels like a super creative one to make, one which gives me a ton of inspiration and I hope I can share that with you. Leave me a comment below if you’ve tried it, I’d love to know what you think 🙂
LAVENDER LEMONADE ICED TEA RECIPE
- 2 cups of freshly brewed lavender tea, cooled
- 4 large lemons, juiced (1 cup lemon juice)
- 1 cup of simple syrup
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Allow the steeped tea to cool completely
- Juice the lemons, then add the juice to a pitcher
- Add ice, simple syrup and the cooled tea
- Mix to combine then serve immediately
- Garnish with lemon wedges (optional)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days