With tea simple syrup, you can infuse the flavors and essence of tea into your food and drinks. I’m going to share with you how you can sweeten any recipe with your favorite tea and it only requires three ingredients! There are a ton of ways to use simple syrup, below are some ideas that can inspire you to use tea simple syrup in your recipes.
TEA SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE IDEAS
- Sweeten cocktails and iced drinks
- Add to sparkling/seltzer water
- Drizzle over ice cream and yogurt
- Freeze for sweetened ice cubes
- Stir into lattes
- Substitute for sugar in baked recipes
- Pour over pancakes and waffles
- Add to dessert recipes
- Infuse tea flavors into rice dishes
- Drizzle over fresh fruit
To begin, brew a pot of the tea you’d like to use. Use equal parts of the tea water and granulated sugar then simmer on medium-low, whisking frequently, until the sugar is fully dissolved.
The syrup will thicken as it cools. I suggest to let it cool about an hour before bottling. Store the syrup in the refrigerator up to one month.
I like to use teas that have floral undertones but the types of simple syrup you can make are endless. Below is a list of some of my favorite teas to use. I hope they will inspire you to create your own!
- Earl Grey
- Masala chai
- Mint simple
- Butterly pea
TEA SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of tea water
- Brew a pot the tea you’d like to use. Reserve one cup.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the tea water and sugar over medium-low heat until the sugar has full dissolved.
- Remove the syrup off the burner and allow it to cool for one hour. The syrup will thicken and be ready for bottling.
- Store the simple syrup in the refrigerator for up to one month.
If you could sweeten any recipe with tea, which tea would you use and what would you make?