I’m all about taking advantage of some relaxation time, but it is something I need to prioritize more. One of the ways I do that is by using an eye pillow. Have you ever used one before? They are wonderful! To make mine extra special, I like to add a little herbal tea inside of mine. I’ll show you how to make your own herbal tea eye pillow. You’re gonna love it.
Using aromatherapy, eye pillows help soothe stress and tension while resting. There are a ton of different ways to customize yours. The list of herbs you can use are endless, but here are a few that would work great in eye pillows:
- Lavender Petals
- Elder Flower
- Chamomile Petals
- Rose Petals
- Lemon Balm
- Jasmine Flowers
I add flaxseed to my pillows as it provides a relaxing weight while it rests on my eyes. The tea creates the soothing and relaxing vibes. And the aroma. The aroma alone is insanely awesome. Toss the pillow into the microwave for 30 seconds for an extra soothing experience. Or pop it in the freezer for a few hours for a chilled relaxing experience.
If you’re not into sewing, you can use a sock instead. I’d recommend to use a brand new one. Fill the sock using a funnel then tie top. Super easy!
HERBAL TEA EYE PILLOW
- 2 cups of uncooked flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers
- 1 tablespoon of elderflower
- 1 tablespoon of lavender flowers
- Fabric (2 pieces of 5″x10″ rectangles)
- 4 drops of essential oil (optional)
- Stitch three sides of the rectangle pieces of fabric, leave one side open to pour the ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, add the flaxseed, herbs and essential oil. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Using the funnel, pour the mixture into the sewn fabric.
- Run a stitch across the open edge of the rectangle.