I am super excited about this recipe! I’ve never really been a fan of fudge, it was always dense and tough and I never thought it to be enjoyable. I wanted to make fudge that was soft and gooey and by golly, here it is! The addition of coffee is extra special, it adds a complexity that makes this fudge impossible not to binge eat.
This recipe needs only 5 ingredients: sugar, freshly brewed coffee, condensed milk, butter and chocolate chips.
Quality coffee is key. I used Cafe Du Monde original coffee & chicory. It’s such a creamy coffee, I thought it would be perfect for fudge. I wrote more about this coffee here. It’s fantastic and absolutely perfect for this recipe!
In a large mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of freshly brewed hot coffee coffee. Mix well until sugar has fully dissolved.
You will then need 2/3 can of condensed milk. Add 1/3 at a time, blending until fully incorporated (about 3 minutes) before adding the remaining amount of condensed milk. This will give you a lovely tan color.
Mix 1/4 cup of melted butter.
Pour mixture into medium saucepan, over medium heat. Stirring constantly, the mixture will begin to boil. Keep mixing over heat for another 3 minutes.
Add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and keep stirring until incorporated.
The consistency should be somewhat smooth and delicate. Remove from heat and pour the fudge into a parchment-lined heat-proof dish.
Cool the fudge to room temperature and slice into pieces as desired.
COFFEE FUDGE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 2/3 can condensed milk (use 1/3 at a time)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Add the sugar and coffee and stir until sugar is completely melted
- Add 1/3 cup condensed milk
- Mix remaining 1/3 cup condensed milk, stir for 3 minutes
- Mix melted butter and stir to incorporate, approximately 3 minutes
- Add fudge mixture to medium saucepan and bring to boil
- Mix chocolate chips well
- Pour onto parchment-lined dish and cool to room temperature
- Slice as desired