Have you ever tried Egg coffee? It’s commonly found in Vietnam, also known as Cà phê trứng. It consists of coffee with whipped egg yolk that creates the foamiest coffee that can be easily made at home. You can read more about the history here.
It literally takes seconds to make and I definitely recommend giving it a try. It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. All you need is freshly brewed coffee, sweetened condensed milk and an egg yolk.
To make life easier, it would be best if you had a frother to help whisk the condensed milk and egg yolk together. If not, a handheld mixer will also work. A Whisk will work as well but it will definitely require some muscle to get the perfect foam texture.
This super foamy coffee can only be described by one word; decadent. And it’s just that. Imagine a Cadbury egg plopped right into your coffee with a rich foamy texture. It’s as much dessert as it is coffee.
THE FOAMY-EST COFFEE RECIPE
- 4 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of coffee
- Crack an egg and separate the whites from the yolk. Reserve the yolk.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and egg yolk and froth until soft peaks form.
- Brew a pot of coffee and pour 2 cups into a heat-safe glass.
- Add the sweetened egg mixture to the coffee and froth until foamy.
Does this sound good to you?