There’s something so perfect about a classic cookie, and what’s more classic than shortbread cookies? The answer is Earl Grey tea shortbread cookies!
In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Slowly add the flour until the dough becomes crumbly. Gently roll the dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the chilled dough until it’s at least 1/4” thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out the cookies.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and carefully place the cookies onto the cookie sheet, spacing at least an inch apart.
Sprinkle sugar o top of the cookies for extra sweet detail.
Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are done. Don’t forget, the cookies will harden after they are removed out of the oven. so don’t over-bake!
Earl Grey Tea Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of Earl Grey tea
- 1 teaspoons of lavender flowers
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour, mixing constantly, until crumbly dough forms.
- Roll the dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap. Let the wrapped dough chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll our dough until it’s at least 1/4” thick.
- Using cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Space out the cookies at least 1″ apart.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until done. Be sure not to over-bake.
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.