It’s officially chilled drinks season! We are starting to get more iced coffee requests than hot coffee and that’s always a really exciting time for us. James recently wrote a post about how to make cold brew coffee at home, if you haven’t read it yet you can check it out here. Using his instructions, I’ll show you my cold brew coffee cocktail recipe. I hope you like it!
This recipe is for 2 cocktails so invite a friend over and get to shaking! Start out with the cold brew coffee and pour it into a shaker. Then pour in the vodka. Add ice cubes and shake well until mixed. Get out serving glasses and add ice. Pour the shaker into the glasses. Pour the Bailey’s Irish cream over top. Toss in a rosemary sprig to garnish (optional).
It doesn’t take much time at all and it’s such an awesome cocktail for entertaining. The Bailey’s can be omitted if you prefer unsweetened coffee. Since the acidity is reduced with cold brew, I find that I don’t need to sweeten it. Normally, I’m an almond milk with my coffee person but cold brew hits differently. Those things are always about preference though.
COLD BREW COFFEE COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 2 cups of cold brew coffee
- 3 ounces of vodka ( or 2 jigger pours)
- 3 ounces of Bailey’s Irish cream
- Ice cubes
- A sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Combine the cold brew, vodka, Bailey’s and ice cubes into a shaker. Shake until blended then pour into serving glass
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig (optional)