I’ve been crushing it with my fitness goals lately. I’ve really buckled down this year and focused on my goals and have tried to submerge myself into as much nutrition knowledge as possible. I have to be honest, I don’t know much about nutrition. But I have discovered that protein is essential in order to meet any fitness goals I have. As a vegetarian, it’s always tough to find nutritional protein sources so it’s forced me to get creative. I thought it would be a good idea to incorporate my morning coffee into my post-workout protein smoothie. Thus the creation of my daily coffee protein smoothie recipe!
This recipe is super simple. Simply brew your daily coffee then add fruit, almond milk, protein powder, chia seeds and peanut butter and blend in a blender. I’m using Peet’s Coffee Major Dickason’s Blend in my protein shake today. It’s a darker roast and it pairs perfectly with protein powder. But you can use any coffee you’d like.
Coffee Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Protein powder
- Collagen powder
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Ice cubes
- Almond slices (optional)
- Brew a fresh batch of coffee and reserve one cup, allow to cool
- Using a blender, add fruit, coffee, almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, protein powder, collagen powder and ice cubes. Blend until all ingredients are fully blended
- Pour the smoothie into serving glasses and garnish with almond slices (optional)